Mandy Atkinson BA (Arch/Paleo) Grad Dip Arch - Consultant Archaeologist
Mandy is a consultant archaeologist and part-owner of Austral Archaeology www.australarchaeology.com.au, specialising in Australian Indigenous archaeology. Mandy has experience working within the cultural heritage legislative frameworks of NSW, Vic, SA and WA. She has extensive survey and excavation experience in NSW, Vic, SA and WA as well as major project management experience in NSW & Vic. Her research is focused in central western New South Wales, however she is avilable to work anywhere in Australia.
**In December 2012, Mandy and the team from Condobolin Local Aboriginal Lands Council won best Overall Poster Presentation at the Australian Archaeological Association national conference. The poster presented the preliminary results of their heritage research in Condobolin.**
Her major project management experience includes;
- Project Manager. Rocla Quarries - southern extension - Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment (NSW)
- Project Manager. Merri Abba to Lake Cargelligo Emergency Bore Water Pipeline - Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment, S87 Permit, S87 Test Excavations and Aboriginal Heritage Impact Permit (NSW)
- Project Manager. Desalination Project - Cranbourne Power Extension Archaeological Salvage (Vic)
- Project Manager. Stone Arrangement Site Excavation and Relocation under Part 3A approval (NSW)
- Project Manager. Pit 5 Test Excavation under Part 3A approval (NSW)
- Project Manager. Various LSC Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments and Management Plans (NSW)
Mandy's current research projects include;
- Past land-use patterns in central western NSW (Condobolin and Lake Cargelligo)
- Identification of culturally modified trees in central western NSW (Lachlan LGA)
If you would like to speak to Mandy about your cultural heritage project, please phone 0478 661 129.
You can also view Mandy's professional profile on Linkedin by clicking here.